The Products tab is broken down in to three areas across the top, and a tool button at the bottom.
The three areas across the top are assigned to Default Service Contract, Insurance Company/Agent and GAP Contract. At the bottom of the page is the Menu Selling tool.
Default Service Contract
- Here you will record information about a service contract or extended warranty that is being sold to the customer.
- Warranty companies can be added on the fly by selecting the <Add New> option from the top of the pull-down menu, or they may be added to the system through Warranty Provider Setup.
- When adding the warranty provider through Setup, the user may also define different plans for the companies and these plans will then be available in the Plan Number pull-down field.
- Otherwise just enter the information on Months, Miles, Date Expires, Deductible and Plan Number manually.
- By clicking on the gray button below the Plan Number pull-down, a new window will open where the user may mark off additional coverage information in the check boxes a the top, or enter an Additional Cost and/or a Surcharge if necessary.
- The following video covers how to enter Service Contracts and GAP in DeskManager.
Insurance Company / Agent
- Here is where you will want to record the information about the vehicle insurance your customer is providing.
- The Insurance Company as well as the Agent can be added using the <Add New> option from the pull-down menu, or they may be selected from the menu or typed into the fields.
- The Effective Date and Expiration Date can be selected from a calendar by clicking the button to the right of each field, or these can also be manually typed into the system.
- There are also fields available for Policy Number, Phone Number and Deductible.
GAP Contract (Electronic Service Contract)
- The right section of the page is set aside for the Electronic GAP tool.
- This is a legacy product, the button will be removed in future releases.