DeskManager can only work on a Mac if it is being used on the cloud. Setting up DeskManager to work on a Mac requires extra steps, however, once setup, DeskManager will work the same as on a PC, with some limitations.
*Note – DeskManager being used on a Mac is NOT able to print to Okidata printers.
Setting up DeskManager on a Mac
- The first step is to go to the App Store and search for the Microsoft Remote Desktop app and click Get, then Install.
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app and click New in the top left.
- A screen will pop-up to enter the remote connection information. Enter the PC Name, Username, and Password that were provided at migration. All other fields (such as Port number, Gateway, etc.) can be left blank.
- Click Session at the top and make sure that Forward Printing Devices is checked.
- Close the window and double-click the new connection in the list to connect to the cloud. A new Desktop will appear in a new window with a DeskManager icon. Double-click the icon to launch DeskManager.
- Once the initial setup has been completed, to launch DeskManager open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, double-click the connection, then double-click the DeskManager icon.