In DeskManager, double click a vehicle from the inventory tab to open the vehicle details, then click the Additional Info tab.
This tab allows you to specify additional RV specifications and accessories. The fields are:
- Slide Outs
- Air Conditioners
- Leveling Jacks (Included/None)
- Water Capacity (Gallons)
- Unladen Weight
- This screen includes 20 fields that can be custom labeled and defined through the Setup button in this tab. By default these fields are setup to be plain text fields.
- When a field is customized it can be changed to take advantage of any type of field in DeskManager such as a text field, numeric field, a quick-pick (or pull-down) list, a date field or even just a check box.
- When a field on this list is customized from this page for a specific vehicle, every vehicle in your inventory will now have that same custom field occupying that location on this Additional Information page.
Setting up a Custom Field:
- Begin by clicking on the Custom Field Setup button found at the bottom of the Custom Field section.
- This will open the setup tool and the user will be presented with a list displaying the names of the custom fields and what type of field each is set as.
- To customize a field, double click on the line belonging to the field to be customized.
- This will open a new window where you can change the name of the field and then select the type of field to use.
- There are 5 field types:
- Checkbox – When selected, this will change the custom field input to a checkbox that can be checked or unchecked.
- Date – When selected, this will will change the custom field input to a specific date.
- Numeric – When selected, this will will change the custom field input to a number value.
- Quick Pick – When selected, this will will change the custom field input to a dropdown menu to select from a custom list of choices.
- Text – When selected, this will will change the custom field input to a text field to fill in.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes into the system.
Creating a List for a Quick Pick Field
When creating a Quick Pick or Pull-Down list, there are two different ways to populate data onto the list.
The first method can be performed from Setup.
- In the top left, click File -> Setup, then in the list on the left, click the + to the left of Inventory Setup to expand the category, then click Custom Fields.
- The list of Custom Fields will be on the right.
- Double click the Custom Field you would like to become a Quick Pick, then click the dropdown next to Field Type and select Quick Pick, then click Save.
- At the top of Setup, in the upper right corner is a Quick Pick button.
- Click on this button to open a new layer in the Setup tool titled ‘Quick Picks for Custom Field xx’.