If you have a service bay, you can keep track of your parts, invoices, and estimates in the Service tab.
New – Clicking on this button will have different results depending on which tab you are currently working with while on the Service tab.
- Estimates Tab – Clicking New will allow you to create a new Estimate.
- Invoices Tab – Clicking New will allow you to create a new Invoice.
- Parts Tab – Clicking New will present a menu with three options, Part, Purchase, and Adjustment.
- Part – This will open the new part form that will allow you to create your new part. See Service-Parts for more information.
- Purchase – This will allow you to tell the system you are purchasing more of an existing part so as to increase the quantity of that item in your parts table.
- To use this feature, begin with the part you wish to purchase highlighed.
- Clicking once on the parts line will highlight that part.
- Next click the New Button and then click Purchase.
- This will open the Part Purchase form for you to fill out.
- Adjustment – Older versions of the Service tool used to remove parts from inventory when users added the part to an estimate.
- Sometimes these estimates were not deleted or when they were the part quantity may not have made it back into the parts inventory.
- While this has been addressed in the new version of the Service Module, users may find a need to manually adjust quantity numbers of their parts.
- This tool allows the user to do just that. Entering a positive number will add that to the current Quantity.
- Entering a negative figure will subtract that from the current Quantity.
Open – This will open the highlighted invoice, part, or estimate.
Convert – (Only Available on Estimates and Invoice Tabs) This button allows a user to convert an Estimate to an Invoice or an Invoice to an estimate.
- Highlight the desired Item and click the button to convert.
- Note: You will not be allowed to convert an Invoice to an Estimate if you have recorded the collection of any payments in the invoice.
Search Button – This will allow you to search for any string in any instance.
- For example, if you are on the parts tab and you search for 900, it will show all items with ‘900’ in any field (name, part, quantity, etc.).
- The search will be performed based on the tab in which the user is currently working.
Options – The Options menu will offer choices based on the Service area within which the user is working:
- Estimates & Invoices – Options menu will contain an option to access the Audit Log. This will open the audit log of the currently highlighted item in the main list.
- Parts – This Options menu will contiain two options. Audit Log and History. Audit Log functions the same as the audit log for an estimate or invoice, only in this instance it is relevent to the part highlighted in the parts table. History will open the Purchase History table for the part highlighted in the parts table.
Print – This option will print the detail of the item(s) that you’ve checked. As with Search, this will function based on the tab that is currently in use.
Reload – This will refresh the current list based on the options selected in the search filters.
Follow Ups – The Follow Ups button accesses the DeskManager Tasks system.
- From here the user will be able to review tasks assigned for a specific user or for all users and can set a date range for the tasks to be reviewed.
- Please see the Tasks and Follow Ups help pages for more information.
When reviewing items in the Service module, each section will have a Search filter on the left. Options available on this list will vary by what section of the Service module you are working within. These tools allow you to view a list based on your needs at the time.
Common Tools – These tools appear on the filter Advanced Search for all three options: Estimates, Invoices, and Parts.
- Search on – This will allow you to search the Invoices or Estimates based on Stock #, Invoice #, License #, VIN, Customer, Company, or Notes. If you are on the parts tab, you can use this option to search based on the part # or description field.
- Start with & Contains – When using the Search on field, select how the system is to search the selected field.
- Starts with will search for an exact match at the beginning of the field.
- For example, if you were to set your criteria to ‘Part#’, ‘Start with’ and ‘10’, the resulting search will show any item where the stock number begins with 10, such as 10, 101, 10112, 10X4PA and so on.
- Searching with the Contains option will return results where the search item is contained anywhere within the field.
- For example, a search using ‘Part#’, ‘Contains’ and 10 would show any item where the stock number contains ‘10’, such as DA10041, 431055, 101, INV210T and so forth.
- word(s) – This is where you will enter what data you want the system to find in the field you selected in the ‘Search on’ option.
- For example if in the ‘Search on’ field you selected Name, you would enter the name you wanted the system to find.
- Lot – If you have multiple profiles, also known as multiple ‘Lots’ in DeskManager, you can filter the list to only display information for a specific lot.
- Filter – Filter allows us to restrict the items displayed by the search.
- On the Estimates and Invoices tabs, this filter is based on the date of the item.
- When working with the Parts tab, this filter is based on Quantity.
Invoice Specific Tools – These tools appear on the filter for Invoices Only.
- Status – This drop down box allows you to filter the list to see invoices that are pending, complete, or both.
- Sub-Status – This option will allow you to select to filter the list to display only invoices that have the selected sub-status assigned within the invoice. Sub-Status is a custom field to allow the user to track an invoice based on the options created by the user in the DeskManager Setup tool’s Service area.
- Balance – This option allows the user to restrict the invoices displayed by the search based on their balance according to the option selected here.
Parts Specific Tools – These tools appear on the filter for all three options, Estimates, Invoices and Parts.
- Category – This drop down appears if you are on the parts tab. It will allow you to choose to display parts in certain categories, labor parts, and sublet parts.
- Non-Inventory – This allows you to filter the list by Inventory Parts, Non-Inventory Parts or both.
Which ever area of the Service module you are working within, after setting a search filter, click the Search or Reload button and the system will rebuild the list using the newly selected filtering options.
Click the Reset button to restore the search filters back to their default options.
- Recently Visited – All three areas have a recently visited list.
- This area will show the last items that were opened by the user in this area.
- Double clicking on an item in the Recently Visited list acts as a short cut to opening that item.
- Main List Area – In the main list area for any of the three sections is where you will see the results of your search based on the filtering criteria used for that section.
Article is closed for comments.